Friday 7 June 2013

So a week before returning home

I am currently still working at Navajeevana.  Im greatly enjoying my time there and learning a lot.  The set- up of the clinic, makes it very interesting for reflection material- that I'll need for the essay I am supposed to be writing.

I have only just realised yesterday evening that I am supposed to hand in something on the Monday I'm returning to London!  In typical Abera style, it would be mean a lot of stressful last minute typing and essay writing.  My elective proposal has been selected to be one of those which could be awarded a prize- which is great but also means more work- and I actually have huge writer's block.

I'm still living with my aunt and uncle.  It was a bit strange to leave for the conference and now returning.  I feel that the cultural differences is causing a bit of strain.  I'm getting a bit weary of it all, and I don't want any problems to arise before I am due to return home- especially as I am just about to leave.

My parents are still keen on me going to Jaffna- which is a bit stretched for time before I am due to leave.  I have met a great many people since being here, and would very much like to say goodbye to people properly before I leave which seems a bit unlikely to happen at this time.

Overall, I am actually feeling rather lonely- I think going away on camp and meeting so many people my age and then returning only exacerbated that feeling.  I think I am more than ready to come home now, and finish off the adventure on this side of the world, as much fun as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment